Menu

I Lose Things.

I got up early this morning . . . something like 4:45.  Getting up early has its benefits (of course, not ONLY benefits).  I brought a large, rolled up drawing I'd worked on for approximately 5 hours yesterday to work on in a coffee shop this early morning. It was rather chaotically sticking out of my bag.  Until it wasn't.

Somewhere on the walk I lost it.  Having gone over my route 4 times,  I decided to say goodbye.  I must admit, though,  I really liked that drawing.  And I'm really sad that my airheadedness has such unfortunate consequences.

In attempts to move on, I pulled out a 3" x 5" piece of plexiglass, and painted it backwards.  I started with black paint on the back side, moving on to red, then grey, and finishing with white.  there's about 4 mm of plexiglass between what you can touch and what you can see.


"untitled on plexiglass"
Overall, I'm happy with the results of the experiment, but I'm still brooding about the loss of that drawing.  I was really excited about it.  I wish I could show you why.

Learn more about Laura Converse here

2 comments:

Mercedes Converse said...

damn.

Chad Syphrett said...

Have no worries/regrets. It's even more interesting to view this artwork after hearing about the drawing you lost.

Every one forgets and loses a lot of things, but we always keep what we need in our hearts.

Anyway, thanks for showing your new work. The experiment results are impressive.

Archives